7 Things That Will Help on your Weight Loss Journey
Whether you want to shed extra weight just in time for your best friend’s wedding or for your own wedding, or to fit into an old pair of jeans – it’s the right decision taken at the right time. Also, since New Year is just around the corner, and all of us sitting down with pen and paper to make new resolutions, we guess “lose weight” is right there at the top. Now since you have made that decision to embark on a weight loss journey, some things will help motor you through, and even maintain the weight after meeting the goal. So whether you want to lose a few pounds or inches off your waist, read about 7 things that will help on your weight loss journey.
1. Maintain a Food Diary: Keeping a diary helps to keep track of where those extra calories in your diet are coming from, would help slash out extra calories; identify and eliminate calorie-dense foods, and get rid of mindless eating. It would also help to chalk out meal and snack timings. Various studies have revealed that people who had maintained food diaries managed to lose weight successfully. There’s no need to hunt for a fancy journal – just a pen and notebook will do.
2. Portion Control Instead of Eyeballing Food: Maintaining a calorie deficit is essential for fat burning to happen and portion control and measuring out food quantities help a great deal to achieve that. However, do measure out food portion instead of eyeballing the quantity to avoid extra calories from creeping in. Also read: “10 Tips to Portion Control Food for Weight Loss.”
3. Consistency is Greater Than Motivation: Don’t rely on motivation to help you sail through the journey because motivation might fizzle out soon; only being consistent and forming habits will help you to stick to the diet and exercise routine.
4. Pick the Workout That you Enjoy: Don’t drag yourself to the gym if you have no interest in running on the treadmill or lifting heavy weights. Being physically active and exercising a bit helps to boost metabolism and burn off calories, but it’s totally okay if hitting the gym with a vengeance and sweating profusely doing cardio is not your thing. Simple exercises like brisk walking, skipping, or jogging in the park will also do a great deal for your body. Believe us, people have lost oodles of weight just by going on long walks a few days in the week.
5. Find Ways To Lower Stress: We cannot stop mentioning how stress can trigger weight gain. So, the first thing you should do is to find ways to lower stress – connect with your friends and family, engage in a new hobby, listen to music, or just laugh more. Anything that can distract you from daily stressors will help you shed weight as well.
6. Make Lifestyle Changes Just as you Begin Dieting: Before even starting on a diet, we would recommend you to make lifestyle changes without which losing weight becomes an uphill task. Getting at least 7 hours of sleep, chewing slowly without distractions, combating sedentary lifestyle are the changes that would benefit overall health as well. Start making these changes right now.
7. Drink More Than 8 glasses of water each day: Don’t stop at 8 glasses of water – keep your body hydrated at all times to boost metabolism, curb appetite, and prevent unnecessary cravings. Upping water intake also lowers water retention in the body.
Most importantly, you need to eat the right kind of food, and with Rati Beauty diet, you can surely see positive changes, and successfully shed extra pounds, and get healthy in the process as well.
6 Ways To Get your Diet Back on Track After Vacation
10 Tips to Portion Control Food for Weight Loss